Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wharf Bar

Okay, so here's my first blog about my favorite places for food in New York. I'll start with the place where I've been going to most, and in these recessionary days, a good bar with cheap bar food is definitely high on my list. Wharf Bar is located on 3rd Avenue between 38th and 39th Streets. It appears to be an after work watering hole, with office workers streaming in after 5. But the real reason to come here is for the cheap food, and my own personal favorite, chicken wings. Where oh where can you get 20 wings for $8 in New York City? I'm thinking you may be able to find something similar in its price range, but as for taste and value, this place is the place to go. The 3 flavors are teriyaki, barbeque and the regular buffalo wing sauce. Any of these hits the spot and for $8 bucks, you can't lose. By the way, if you want fries with those, get the waffle fries, not the shoestring. That'll set you back another $3. Great place for the recession!

No comments:

Post a Comment