Monday, June 22, 2009

The Right Time to Shop at Sidewalk Vendors

I made a discovery this weekend as I was food shopping in Manhattan's Chinatown. As I was walking around Mulberry Street, below Canal, I noticed that all the fruit and vegetable sidewalk vendors were closing for the evening. I took a look at some of their last items before they packed up. The vendor saw that I was interested in some blueberries and cherries and they became insistent that I take them off of their hands. They said $4 for 4 pints! I couldn't believe it, so I ended up buying the lot. So my advice for today is that if you want some deals and can time your visit, go to Chinatown to pick up some bargains between the hours of 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. You never know what they'll have available!

No comments:

Post a Comment