Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shake Shack

About a month ago, I finally had the chance to walk over to the famous Shake Shack, which is located in Madison Square Park. New York had a fairly cold spring so the line outside the shack was really short. I found the prices to be standard in the $7 to $8 range which is not outrageous in New York. If memory serves me correctly, I think the fries were about $4. In any case, I finally discovered what the fuss was all about. The burger, although small, probably 3 inches across, was probably made with sirloin. There wasn't much fat content but surprisingly it was tender. The bun tasted as if it was freshly baked and the fries were freshly cut and did not have the odor of frozenness. I only waited 10 minutes for my order and I would say I would go again, but only during a low period when the wait isn't so long. Next, I must try the frozen custard, which I have no idea what that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment